Monday, June 7, 2010


Maahad Tahfiz Sains Bustanul Arifin, situated in an outskirt village called Berangan, an area in the district of Tumpat, is my third school I work for as an English teacher under the Yayasan Islam Kelantan (YIK).

When I first received the transfer notice to this school, I was speechless. Not knowing the reasons why I was transfered and why to this part of the world. As I could recalled, I never did ask for any transfer. I began to wonder and tried to put things together. Finally I came into the conclusion that my former principal in Amir Indera had much to do with this transfer. Possibly he could have misjudged me with my ideas and comments. I began to disrespect such a coward .

I left Amir frustratedly and with tears rolling down my cheeks. Not that I missed Amir that much, or my friends who have been mine for more than 20 long years, but rather the anger and dissatifaction.

Before I presented myself officially at this new ambience, I surveyed the environment of the school one fine day, immediately after I touched down at the airport from KL. I drove all the way to Berangan, staring blankly at the three storey-school building from the car window.

" Is this the place I'll be spending the rest of life?" I went home keeping all the confusion in my head to myself. For nights I fell asleep with my pillow wet with tears. Waking up in the morning was another. The first thing that crossed my mind was the questions, " What should I do?"
Finally, with a little courage, I presented myself to my new principal at MTSBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment